In light of the ever-progressing COVID-19, Our first concern and priority is the safety of both our team and our guests. As it continues to impact the daily lives across the United States and the globe, we want to be completely transparent about our practices and policies.
We understand that many of our travelers have questions about their upcoming vacations or potential vacations. We are doing what we can by following the lead of our Government officials. At this time there have not been any travel restrictions imposed with regard to travel to Port Aransas. For those with existing reservations, we understand that the current state of uncertainty can be frustrating. Please know that we are doing everything that we can to accommodate, however we cannot provide answers that we do not have. At this time our properties are maintaining their current cancellation policies. If circumstances change and travel restrictions impact travel to Port Aransas, then adjustments will likely be made with regard to cancellation policies.
Our focus is to ensure we meet our guest needs while doing our part to keep all within our communities safe. Throughout our managed properties:
- We have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms after each stay, our housekeeping staff is paying extra attention and sanitizing high touch areas in the rooms.
- The front desk staff is paying close attention and sanitizing lobby common areas, key cards, door handles coffee station items, elevator buttons, etc
In addition we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees:
- If they are not feeling well or immediate family members are not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Keeping their hands clean and washing hands properly, as well as, regular hand washing and hand sanitizer use.
- Employees regularly wipe down and sanitize their workspace.
- Importantly, if they have flu like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
We have also began receiving increased calls asking if we are still accepting new reservations as families are home with children who have had school start dates postponed and have become restless at home. At this time we are still accepting reservations.
This is an unprecedented event that continues to evolve daily. All of our lives have changed drastically in just a matter of days, and we, like you, are adjusting and adapting to these new normals, and we are going through this together.
Many travelers both with confirmed reservations and those considering making new reservations are asking about Port Aransas and its current state.
News About Business Impacts
May 1, 2020
Alister Square Inn has resumed rental operations effective April 30, 2020 under their COVID-19 Operational Protocols and Procedures. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Alister Square Inn is closed until further notice.
Island Retreat I & II have closed rentals until April 30, 2020
Those properties in the City Limits of Corpus Christi including Sea Gull, Gulf Shores and Sandpiper Condominiums, have closed shot term rentals until April 14, 2020 Due to Corpus Christi Mayoral Order found here.
UPDATE April 9, 2020
From April 10, 2020 through April 13, 2020 the beaches of Nueces County will not be accessible by vehicle. Please view the entire Nueces County Order below.
CLICK HERE to view the latest order from Nueces County
CLICK HERE to view the latest Mayoral Order from the Mayor of Port Aransas
UPDATE April 1, 2020
Click Here to view the latest Executive Order from the Governor.
Click Here to view the latest order from Nueces County
Click Here to view the latest Mayoral Order from the Mayor of Port Aransas
UPDATE March 27, 2020
In an effort to respect the safety measures being mandated by area governmental jurisdictions in response to the spreading COVID-19 virus and to limit the number of guests traveling to the Sandpiper, the Board voted to close for rentals for a period of two weeks effective March 27 extending through April 10. It is our hope that this closure will serve its purpose to help keep all of our staff, as well as owners and guests, safe from exposure to this serious disease.
UPDATE March 25, 2020
On March 25, 2020 Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales declared a Stay at Home Order for Nueces County. This document can be found here:CLICK HERE
Following that order the Mayor of Port Aransas gave a Mayoral Order in addition the current Governor and Judge Canales Order: This Document can be found here: CLICK HERE
the main points of this mayoral order are below. The mayoral order only applies to the City Limit of Port Aransas and not those properties or beaches that are within the City of Corpus Christi jurisdiction.
These orders go into effect at 11:59 on 3/26/20 for 7 days (April 2, 2020). The Mayoral Orders Include:
1. Port Aransas has within it some RV Parks in which people live. These RV parks are to be treated as "residences" as defined under the County Judge's Order. No R.V. may be moved into any RV park within the City. Those that exit from the City may not return.
2. Day or night camping on the beach using a tent or vehicle or other type of enclosure or no type of enclosure, is prohibited.
3. Fishing from shore whether from the ship channel, jetties or beach is prohibited.
4. Short term rentals are prohibited, except for persons doing Essential Business.
5. Movement exercise, such as walking, running, biking, yoga, water sports, or other similar physical exercise on the beach is allowed. Otherwise, no person shall be allowed on the beach.
UPDATE March 19, 2020
Gov. Greg Abbott announced on Thursday March 19, 2020 (Click here to view executive order) that he has issued an executive order that requires all Texas bars, gyms and restaurant dining rooms to close. Texas schools are also ordered to temporarily close. Restaurants are still allowed to offer to-go, take-out and delivery options. The governor is allowing some Texas restaurants to deliver alcohol with any food purchase. The alcoholic beverages include wine, beer and mixed drinks. This is in an effort to help the hospitality industry. The executive order will begin on Friday, March 20 and end on April 3.
The Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce has published a list of those local restaurants that are still providing cuisine options via take out, curbside and delivery. The list of those locations can be found using the link below:
News About Events
The Texas SandFest has been rescheduled to October 2, 2020 through October 4, 2020.
We are currently reaching out to guests who have confirmed reservations for SandFest and communicating this change to the festival dates. We are working to make sure that those travelers with confirmed reservations are provided an opportunity to have those reservations adjusted to the new dates if they so choose.
The Beach to Bay Relay Marathon has been scheduled to Saturday October 10, 2020
*More updates will be provided as they are available.