What is usually a cold and bitter time of year becomes a warm and safe haven for many Port Aransas lovers. These individuals travel far and wide to claim our beautiful island town as their home during the harsh winters up North. Many come from the East however some travel here from their Texan homes to enjoy their winter and this beautiful time of year on Mustang Island and in Port Aransas.
These Winter Texans, as we refer to them as, enjoy fellowship with other travelers and Winter Texans alike from all over the country and from different condominiums through out our island.
Here at PortAransas-Texas.com we manage 12 different properties on Port Aransas and Mustang Island; each of our properties range in amenities, price range and location around the island. Whether you are looking for state of the art and luxury or a quaint beachfront condo, we have it available to you! You can click here to browse each of our resorts to handpick the one that most suits you.
We have availability at each resort for the month of January and February, as mentioned earlier-each resort is different so please take your time to select the property you would most enjoy and below is listed what is still available. For most of these properties, time is of the essence! Call now to the Port Aransas resort that you would be most interested in spending your winter at!
- –Casa Condominiums has only 2 rooms left! 403 which is a 2 bedroom and 210, a 3 bedroom. Call them now for pricing and more information. (361) 749-6942
- –SandCastle Condominiums has many efficiencies and one bedrooms available! Unfortunately there are no 2 or 3 bedrooms available at this time. Call them at (361) 749-6201 to find out their pricing and information.
- –Sandpiper Condominiums is the most premier resort on Mustang Island. There are only 3 two bedrooms still available and they are wonderful! Check out Unit 704, 902, and 308. You can call Sandpiper at (361) 749-6251 for their pricing and information.
- –Alister Square is a Port Aransas hotel favorite. Located right in the middle of town, this resort is convenient and comfy. Call (361)749-3000 for more information on their Winter Texan Rentals.
- –Aransas Princess Condominiums, the Jewel of Port Aransas, is home to beautiful beach escapes. There are only two condos available at this time for January-301 and for February-705. You can contact them at (361) 749-5118.
- –Gulf Shores Condominiums is the closest resort to the beach! They have several units still available for Winter Texan Rentals and you can call (361) 749-6257 for more information on these rentals.
- –Aransas Harbors Condominiums has only one 2 bedroom left! Call (361) 749-4122 for their rental information.
- –Sea Gull Condominiums is usually booked up! They just had a few cancellations for the Winter so call now as there is a waiting list! (361) 749-4191.
- –La Mirage Condominiums has a few condos still up for grabs and you can contact them at (361) 749-6030 to find out more about which rentals are still available and their Winter Texan information.
- –El Cortez Condominiums has 2 two bedrooms and 1 one bedroom still available for your winter escape! Call (361) 749-6206 for their pricing and info!
- –Mustang Towers Condominiums is a lovely high rise on Mustang Island and they have 2 two bedrooms still available for the winter. Check them out and call (361) 749-6212.
- –Island Retreat I & II Condominiums is beachfront and cozy! Call them at (361) 749-6222 for their Winter Texan availability and pricing information.
Each property is different and offers various social gatherings for each place for their winter guests. These gatherings include coffee and donuts, pot-luck dinners, card games or tournaments, beach walks, and much more.
Port Aransas offers many things for these travelers to do also! Below is a list of the many things to do and see as a Winter Texan, visit our Winter Texan page for more info as well.
- -Leaonabelle Birding Center
- –Port Aransas Art Center offers many classes!
- –Port Aransas Theatre has many showings and are so enjoyable to watch!
- –Lighthouse Trails of Aransas Pass
- –University of Texas Marine and Science Institute of Port Aransas
- -Yoga will be offered at different resorts!
- -Fishing and Deep Sea Fishing
- -Plenty of Birding!
- -Lydia Anne Lighthouse and St. Joe’s Island
- -Beautiful Sunsets
- –Dolphin Cruises
- –Red Dragon Pirate Ship Cruises
- –Golfing at Pamilla
- –Sandcastle Building
- -Padre Island National Seashore
- -Turtle Releases
- –20th annual Whooping Crane Festival in February