What a beautiful time of year it is here in Port Aransas! The ocean is sparkling, the coldest of the cold fronts have yet to make it down here and the sun is still warming up the sand under our toes. There is so much to be thankful for when you are down here on these beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
Thanksgiving is well on its way here and so many families choose Port Aransas as their destination for this thankful and family filled holiday. Some families come down here and prepare their feast while looking over the ocean while others enjoy the favorite Turkey-Day dishes prepared by some of the best restaurants here in town.Have you ever tried Thanksgiving here at the coast? If not, then maybe it’s time to switch the tradition, grab the family and head South!
If you have a big group, no worries, we have plenty of available and beachfront units to choose from. The Sandcastle Condominiums has multiple rooms available as well as Allister Square. There are available condos at La Mirage, Island Retreat, Casa Condominiums, El Cortez, Aransas Harbors, Aransas Princess and Seagull Condominiums. If you’re looking for more of the luxurious or premier experience, Sandpiper Condominiums has only 2 rooms left! This availability is based on arriving the 24th of November and departing on the 27th. All of these units are completely stocked with what you need to completely enjoy this Thanksgiving with sun, sand and vacation; what a perfect Thanksgiving this could be!
Below is a list of the restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day and what they will be serving.
- Trout Street will be serving a full Thanksgiving Day dinner with Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce and of course Pumpkin or Pecan Pie.
- Virginia’s on the Bay will be having their annual Thanksgiving Day Buffet served from 11am-2pm. This feast includes all of the Thanksgiving favorites including Ham, Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, and much more!
- Jay’s Spaghetti and Seafood Works will be open on Thanksgiving Day and serving their regular menu.
- Miss K’s is a catering delicacy of Port Aransas and will be having their Thanksgiving Dinners prepared for pick-up. All orders must be placed by the 19th of November. You can contact them at 361-749-7776.
- San Juan’s Cantina will be open in the morning until noon for favorite Mexican style breakfasts!
- Cancun will be open all day and serving their regular menu with their daily specials.
- Kody’s will be open all day, serving their regular menu during the day and in the evening running a special on their fabulous Prime Rib.